Lately, I have been addicted to lists. With the new year coming around, it’s a new beginning and a new opportunity for me to improve myself. While this list expresses things I want to change about myself, I’m sure it can apply to many others out there. I plan to continue to expand on this list as I think of more things to say!
1. Be more patient. Take time to absorb my surroundings and appreciate the little things.
2. Do something every day that I truly enjoy, even if it is only for 30 minutes.
3. Remind myself that I am good enough.
4. Don’t live in the past and don’t push things into the future. Live in the now. Don’t make excuses to postpone happiness.
5. Read more. Learn more.
6. Put myself out of my comfort zone. Make mistakes. Fail. Learn from them, and move on.
7. Stop making excuses about not having enough time. Make time!
8. Laugh often. Smile everyday.
9. Keep an open mind, see the good in people, and let go of petty grudges.
10. Be me. Embrace the weird, and don’t give a shit about what others think!